Thursday, January 17, 2008

First Post

I really like cats.  But when cats aren't around, isn't that a bad thing?  To express my feelings, I wrote a poem on the subject.  Actually, I am composing it on the spot now.  But I am convinced that it existed in my head long before I was even born, as an imprint in the universe.  Such was its greatness.  

I think it's rather unimportant that
Right now I write a poem about a cat.  
There's already a lot of angsty poems
Written by angsty teens in trailer homes
That wind up in a blog, few of them good
(Guess now they know why they're misunderstood).  
This poem isn't about cats at all.  
And, starting now, it doesn't even rhyme.  

I just wrote a poem about a poem about a cat... if you can call it a poem.  After all, can such an artistic achievement be ascribed to a simple noun?  I think not.  

I have nothing witty or interesting to say.  But I'm still going to make another post.  

No comments: